Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) is a rare and complex condition. We provide a range of specialist services which have been developed since 1998 with the involvement of the people we support, families and care professionals to design best practice in supporting individuals with PWS.
We understand that everyone that has a diagnosed genetic or PWS-like condition has their own individual abilities, needs and preferences. We also recognise that PWS can make everyday life challenging, and the degree of this difficulty will vary between individuals.
This is why we tailor our services to meet the needs of all the people we support, helping them to manage their syndrome; providing environmental and food security and promoting as much independence as possible.
Our Prader-Willi Syndrome services
With specialist PWS sites across the UK, we offer 24/7 residential care in a community setting. The services we provide include:
- Person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- Access to independent nutritional support
- Access to positive behaviour support and learning disability advisors
- 1:1 psychological support if required
- Access to education and voluntary/paid employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway
- Multidisciplinary staff team
- Interaction within Priory Adult Care’s communication strategy “Your Voice”
Get in touch
Our aim is to help the people we support to lead fulfilled, independent lives, regardless of age or presumed ability. For more information on the Prader-Willi Syndrome services we offer, please call us today on 0808 208 2147 or click here to complete a short enquiry form.