Priory Adult Care's (formerly Amore Care) The Meadows nursing home in Leicestershire has been recognised by Leicester County council for the quality of its care.
The home, based in Thringstone, has received a Quality Assessment Framework (QAF) for Older People Bronze Award.
The QAF is a framework which enables the Council to reward providers of care who can demonstrate that they exceed the ‘standard quality’ of service to their service users.
The Award is given in recognition of the home’s quality outcomes for service users across all areas of care practice.
The Meadows has "demonstrated its commitment to delivering services that promote and implement the 10 dignity challenges and to working with residents, relatives, friends and other stakeholders to continually improve the way in which they do this."
The home has pledged to:-
- Provide quality services which respect people’s rights at all times
- Review policies, procedures and ways of working to make sure this happens
- Encourage staff to become registered Dignity Champions and to positively influence practice both inside and outside of the care home
- Ensure that staff receive training and supervision that supports them to focus on Dignity in Care
- Communicate with residents, their families and friends in such a way that encourages honest feedback and to act on their comments to make continual improvements
- Continually monitor and evaluate the way we deliver care and the way these changes affect our residents
Maintain focus on the 10 dignity challenges
Silvana Sullivan, home manager, said: “Dignity is at the heart of everything we do and it is very pleasing to have the quality of care endorsed by this award.”
For more information on the specialist services Priory Adult Care can offer, please call the enquiries and referrals team on 0808 208 2147 or click here to make an enquiry.