Woodlands (formerly part of Craegmoor) provides 24/7 specialist residential support for adults with autism and learning disabilities in a safe, caring and homely environment.
Located in Bamber Bridge, Preston, we specialise in offering an individualised service using a person-centred approach through both community and home-based activities, working towards individual goals and aspirations. By combining communication and sensory input into a needs led care and support package, we make learning and living an enjoyable experience, enabling people to develop as individuals.
The adults we support regularly participate in a wide range of activities that promote independence including visits to the supermarket, baking and meal preparation.
- Three bedded house with two en-suite facilities
- An annex with a bedroom and en-suite
- Spacious communal areas including a large lounge, dining room and kitchen
- Gardens to the front and rear of the property where people can enjoy outdoor activities
- Person-centred approach through both community and home-based activities
- A highly skilled and dedicated staff team
- Within easy access to local shops, amenities and transport links
- ‘Your Voice’ meetings where individuals are encouraged to share their views
Our specialist staff team
Our staff team has significant expertise in supporting people with autism and learning disabilities. We believe in a multidisciplinary approach to care and support, which is why we work closely with other professionals including social workers, podiatrists and opticians.
“I really enjoy it here. The staff and other residents are so friendly.”
Person supported by Woodlands