Woodhouse Hall has a structured activity programme based around the philosophy of enabling individuals to reach their full potential and personal growth. People are encouraged to be as active in the running of the home as possible, in order to develop important life skills.
Woodhouse Hall is in easy walking distance of all local amenities. The home is close to major bus routes and near to the M1 and M62 motorways giving easy access to towns and cities such as Leeds and Sheffield. We can also be reached by train as the train station is in Wakefield just four miles away.
Residents at Woodhouse Hall will receive:
- Person-centred package of care
- Personal meaningful activity planner
- Personalised menu’s
- Sensory kits/objects of reference/objects of interest/move on activity boards
The village of East Ardsley is close to nearby towns and cities of Leeds, Morley, Bradford and Wakefield which are renowned for their shopping experiences as well as their cultural heritage. Residents have access to a minibus driven by our staff, to access facilities and places of interest which are not in the local vicinity.
At Woodhouse Hall we support individuals to use public transport for local journeys and to access a range of off-site activities including:
- Knowsley Safari Park
- Theme parks
- Pubs and cafés
- Walks in the surrounding Yorkshire countryside
- Leisure facilities
- Educational facilities at local colleges and universities
The service has undergone major refurbishment that has seen an old building transformed to a modern home whilst allowing the character to remain. Facilities offered at Woodhouse Hall include:
- Private minibus driven by staff members
- All en-suite facilities
- A large sensory room/garden
- Access to multi-professionals such as Psychologist, PBS specialists and Chiropodist