Wells Road provides assessment and support for adults living with a primary learning disability diagnosis but may present complex conditions. Some of our residents also have mental health issues or present behaviours that challenge, and predominantly have dual diagnosis, as well as a range of other disabilities such as epilepsy or autism.
The service offers 24/7 specialist residential support and is committed to providing just enough support to empower and encourage individuals to develop the skills they need to live as independently as possible and achieve positive outcomes for all. The service is also supported by a quality assurance team whose aim is to empower residents to take control of their lives, and where possible, work towards a level of independence which fits with their skills, confidence and aspirations.
Amongst the facilities available at Wells Road are:
- Specialist support for six people with learning disabilities who may also present mild to moderate challenging behaviour and high emotional needs
- A beautiful Edwardian property with light, spacious rooms, six bedrooms all with en-suite facilities
- Central location in Bristol town centre, local shopping centre, train station and public transport routes
- Person-centred support programmes tailored to individual needs, goals and wishes delivered in a safe and caring environment
- ‘Behaviour Activation Approach’ to daily planning to promote physical and mental health and well being
- Access to education and employment opportunities
- PROACT-SCIPr-UK management techniques
- Residents can have their views heard via Priory Adult Care’s newsletter “Your Voice”
“I moved to Wells Road in 2015, there was so many things I didn’t know about independent living and how to progress. The staff at Wells Road showed me so much about life and responsibilities. It helped me to become more independent – staff are really caring and whole lot of fun, they make the impossible possible and I will always thank them for that.”
Person supported by Wells Road