At Weir End House & Woodpecker Lodge, our team’s aim is to empower individuals to take control of their lives as much as is possible and work towards a level of independence which fits with their confidence and aspirations.
The skills we help to develop using step-by-step programmes include:
- Food shopping
- Personal hygiene
- Personal shopping
We also have a daily activities programme based on individual interests and abilities at Weir End House & Woodpecker Lodge. People decide what they want to do based on their person-centred plan, as well as through the discovery of further hobbies and activities.
The service is located in a rural setting with a view over the River Wye and is close to the town centre and local amenities.
From the interior design which has newly been renovated, to the external environment, the service has been created from the perspective of adults with learning disabilities.
We provide as part of the service, opportunities for residents to participate in a wide variety of community-based activities including college courses, voluntary employment at various charities and social engagements.
Our facilities include:
- 7 en-suite bedrooms at Woodpecker Lodge offering individuals a realistic stepping stone into more independent living
- 11 bedrooms at Weir End House that have recently been refurbished
- Newly refurbished communal areas which are used for activities such as pool, arts & crafts and low impact fitness sessions
- Beautiful, as well as spacious gardens which all residents have access to and access to the wider community
- A large kitchen to enable residents to engage in the preparation of meals