Weir End House & Woodpecker Lodge
Through our services at Weir End House & Woodpecker Lodge, we provide leading person-centred support for men and women over the age of 18 living with a learning disability.
Located in Ross-on-Wye in Herefordshire, we offer 24/7 residential care in a community setting. Our aim is to deliver an increasing sense of self-management and empowerment that will lead to more independent living.
The services we provide at Weir End House & Woodpecker Lodge include:
- 7 en-suite bedrooms at Woodpecker Lodge offering individuals a realistic stepping stone into more independent living
- 11 bedrooms at Weir End House that have recently been refurbished
- Newly refurbished communal areas which are used for activities such as pool, arts & crafts and low impact fitness sessions
- Beautiful, as well as spacious gardens which all residents have access to and access to the wider community
- Innovative person-centred support programmes and personal activity planners
- A large kitchen to enable residents to engage in the preparation of meals
- Education and supported employment activities
Our team of experts
Our service employs and uses a comprehensive and highly skilled team who are experienced in managing individuals with learning difficulties. We also work closely with local community teams including GPs, chiropodists, dieticians and psychiatrists.
“The staff have a great understanding of the support that I need and this enables me to be able to achieve my goals and wishes.”
Sophie*, resident at Woodpecker Lodge
“What I have achieved would not have been possible at my previous home.”
Glenda*, resident at Woodpecker Lodge