Udal Garth (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a residential service to support the specific needs of people with autism to enable each individual to reach their fullest potential within a safe, structured, stimulating environment.
- Specialist support for 8 adults with an autistic spectrum disorder (ASD)
- 7 en-suite bedrooms and 1 self-contained flat containing a lounge, bedroom, corridor and bathroom
- Large communal areas including a lounge, dining room and kitchen
- A multi-sensory room, arts and crafts hut and cookery hut
- Extensive grounds to the rear of the property with a secluded garden
- Robust, low arousal, homely accommodation, which exceeds the latest standards
- Access to education and paid employment opportunities
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- 1:1 psychological support where needed
- A multidisciplinary staff team
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
Our approach to care
We have an experienced staff team who have a good understanding of and empathy for the needs of people with autism and related conditions and who enable their physical, intellectual, emotional and social needs to be met.
Each person at our service has a person-centred plan, which they help design and each plan is specifically designed to reflect his or her personal needs and choices. Each person is assigned a key worker who ensures a holistic approach to their support.
“I really like living here because I get to choose my own activities.”
Person supported by Udal Garth