The Willows Mountain Ash Care Home
The Willows (formerly part of Amore Care) is a purpose-built care home designed for older people with mental health needs requiring nursing care. The home is also designed to support those with mental health needs over the age of 40 years.
Situated in Perthcelyn, Mountain Ash, the home offers a supportive environment with individualised bedrooms, comfortable lounge areas and a tranquil, fully enclosed garden, which offers a relaxing atmosphere and a quiet retreat. The friendly and welcoming decor helps residents feel at home.
Our dedicated team ensure we meet the resident’s care and social needs. Each person has a comprehensive care package tailored to meet their individual requirements, a named nurse and a key worker.
There is an open door visiting policy and families and friends are always welcome.
Living at The Willows
The Willows is on the top of Mountain Ash and provides residents with a range of facilities at the home including an airy lounge, as well as other comfortable communal areas for people to enjoy and relax.
We offer a wide variety of services to meet the needs of our residents. This includes:
- Local GP who visits the home weekly
- Local dentist providing a service to residents
- Fresh home cooked food using locally produced ingredients
- An experienced chef catering for all medical diets and personal preferences
- Dedicated activities co-ordinator experienced in working with older people
- A hairdresser visits the onsite hair salon weekly
- Specialised handling and bathing equipment for those who need it
- Nearby shops, restaurants and cafés which residents often like to visit
A more enjoyable way to spend your time
Our activities co-ordinators tailor the activities on a daily basis to meet the needs of our residents.
All are encouraged to share their life stories to create memory boxes and enhance person-centred care and support.
Residents can also go on our regular trips to shops, garden centres, restaurants and cafés, the local park and places further afield.
“We chose The Willows because of the nature and characters of the staff. We immediately felt the atmosphere of the warmth and kindness that exists there.”
Relative of a resident at The Willows