The Whitby Scheme
Through our services at The Whitby Scheme (formerly part of Craegmoor), we provide leading person-centred support and facilities for 35 males and females over the age of 18 living with mental health problems and/or learning disabilities.
Our specialist services
- 35 individual bedrooms across 4 houses
- Modern communal areas including lounges, fully-equipped kitchens and secure gardens
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- Positive behaviour support and recovery model
- Supported living, respite and community outreach transitional services
- A multidisciplinary community team
- Staff trained in positive behaviour support, learning disabilities and mental health awareness
- Access to community projects, programmes and education
Our approach to support
We offer 24/7 specialist residential care in a safe, stimulating and rewarding environment. Our aim is to support individuals to achieve shared identified outcomes, improve daily living skills and for those who are medically stable, move on into supported living.
“I loved living at The Whitby Scheme, every day I got to do different activities and the staff were always helpful and supportive.”
Person supported by The Whitby Scheme