The Tides provides assessment and support for adults living with a primary learning disability diagnosis but present complex conditions, physical disabilities or communication difficulties.
The service offers 24/7 specialist residential support and is committed to providing just enough support to empower and encourage individuals to develop the skills they need to live as independently as possible, working towards a level of independence which fits with their skills, confidence and aspirations.
The Tides is situated in Broadstone, Poole and is close to the main shopping area that provides a wide choice of amenities. It is also a short drive from Upton Park boasting over 100 acres of historic parkland, gardens and shoreline, with both Poole and Bournemouth town centres lying in close proximity to the service.
Amongst the services available at The Tides, these include:
- Specialist support for eight people with learning disabilities and physical disabilities
- Innovative person centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- One-to-one psychological support where needed
- Access to education and paid employment opportunities
- Multidisciplinary staff team
- Service users can have their views heard via Priory Adult Care’s newsletter “Your Voice”
- Supported living, respite, transitional and community outreach services
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
“It is such a friendly and welcoming home where my daughter has a great quality of life.”
Relative of a person supported by The Tides