The Orwell Care Home
Situated in the village of Wherstead, approximately 3 miles from the centre of Ipswich, The Orwell Care Home (formerly part of Amore Care) offers a modern and supportive environment with en-suite bedrooms and comfortable lounge areas.
It’s a 38 bedded home, situated in a rural area, surrounded by farmland. All rooms are en-suite and 22 have patio doors opening onto gardens. We offer specialised end of life care with support from Hospice Nurses.
Residential and nursing care and support is provided in a manner that offers privacy, respect and dignity. Individuals are able to exercise maximum choice on matters relating to their daily lives and our dedicated team ensure we meet the resident’s individual care and social needs.
There is an open door visiting policy at The Orwell Care Home and families and friends are always welcome.
Amongst the services and facilities available at The Orwell Care Home, these include:
- Local GPs who visits the home regularly
- Local dentist providing a service to residents
- A sensory room where residents can relax
- Fresh home cooked food using locally produced ingredients
- Dedicated activities co-ordinator experienced in working with older people
- A visiting hairdresser twice a week
- Chiropodist visits every six weeks or when needed
- Beautiful patio garden where residents can enjoy sitting outside
- Nearby shops, restaurants and cafes where residents often like to visit
- Twice weekly visits from PAT the dog
- A bus to take services users on outings or for appointments
- Weekly church service on-site and visits to local church
Our activities co-ordinator tailors the activities on a daily basis to meet the needs of our residents. All are encouraged to share their life stories to create memory boxes and enhance person-centred care and support.
Residents can also go on our regular trips to places such as local shops, garden centres, the park and further afield.
“Thank you for looking after my mother. The support and care that you provided was exceptional.”
Relative of a resident at The Orwell Care Home