The Oaks Care Home
The Oaks (formerly part of Amore Care) is a nursing home providing care for older people with dementia and enduring mental health issues.
Situated in Sidcup, New Eltham, the home offers a supportive environment with comfortable lounge areas. Our dedicated team ensure we meet the resident’s individual care and social needs.
The home has recently been refurbished and each bedroom, which has the added benefit of en-suite facilities, has been designed to ensure the comfort and safety of the residents.
Care and support is provided in a manner that offers privacy, respect and dignity. Individuals are able to exercise maximum choice on matters relating to their daily lives. Qualified nurses are on duty 24 hours a day and are able to cascade knowledge and experience to the team members.
Each person has a comprehensive care package tailored to meet their individual needs, a named nurse and a key worker. There is an open door visiting policy and families and friends are always welcome.
Living at The Oaks
The friendly and welcoming decor at The Oaks helps residents feel at home and there is a tranquil, fully enclosed garden, which offers our residents a relaxing atmosphere and a quiet retreat.
The services and facilities available include:
- Fresh home cooked food using locally produced ingredients
- Experienced chef catering for all medical diets and personal preferences
- Dedicated activities co-ordinator experienced in working with older people
- A hairdresser visits the onsite hair salon twice weekly
- Specialised handling and bathing equipment for those who need it
- Nearby shops, restaurants and cafés which residents often like to visit
- Minibus available for resident use
Our activities co-ordinator tailors the activities on a daily basis to meet the needs of our residents. All are encouraged to share their life stories to create memory boxes and enhance person-centred care and support.
Residents can also go on our regular trips to places such as shops, garden centres, the local park and further afield.
“The Oaks is run very well. The staff really work very hard and the home is always kept lovely and clean.”
Relative of resident at The Oaks