The Moorings (formerly part of Craegmoor), which is located in Poole, offers specialist 24/7 residential support for six adults with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, complex and challenging needs including autism and epilepsy.
We encourage the people we support at The Moorings to personalise their rooms to their own taste as well as to take an active role in the running of the home. Individuals are also able to put forward their own ideas about the service through the “Your Voice” feedback programme.
The Moorings is in close proximity to The Shores, another Priory Adult Care service, which enables the people we support to join together for shared activities if they choose to.
The services we offer at The Moorings include:
- Specialist support for six people with learning disabilities who may also present complex needs or a physical disability
- Innovative person-centred support that strives to create a fun, relaxed and dynamic atmosphere for those we support
- A positive behaviour support model to create a relaxed and happy home
- Support to empower and encourage residents to make choices and decisions on their own lives and needs
- Supported living, respite, transitional and community outreach services
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
“Staff have helped me to understand myself better. I really like it here.”
Person supported by The Moorings