Located in Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire, The Gables is a new residential service for 12 adults with complex mental health needs.
The Gables is a newly developed standalone property providing nine bedrooms with en-suite facilities and three self-contained apartments with both en-suite and activities of daily living (ADL) kitchen facilities. A range of communal areas are also available including two spacious sitting rooms, both with access to a patio area and private, enclosed garden, a separate quiet lounge, as well as a large kitchen and dining room for residents to use.
This residential service is designed for both male and female adults who no longer require hospital care, yet continue to present a level of risk that requires fully supported and staffed accommodation. The Gables provides an integrated step down service from hospital, locked rehabilitation and crisis admissions for individuals who may require a step up from the community. Beneficial to the service is the availability of the three self-contained flats which can be used as a pathway to independence.
Watch our new site tour video
We offer a range of facilities and services to further support the people at The Gables in Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire. These include:
- Specialist residential support for adults with mental health needs
- Accmmodation comprising of 9 en-suite bedrooms and 3 self-contained apartments, each with their own activities of daily living (ADL) kitchens to further promote independence
- A range of communal areas, including 2 spacious sitting rooms, a separate quiet lounge, as well as a large kitchen and dining room
- A private, enclosed garden with patio areas
- Rated ‘Good’ overall and in all assessment categories by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- An active care and recovery model with 1:1 additional support, if required
- Access to community projects
- An experienced staff team
- 24-hour support, whilst maintaining safety
- Rated '5 stars' by the North Lincolnshire Environmental Health for the 2nd year running
- A convenient location close to local amenities and public transport to the town centre and nearby attractions
Achieving positive outcomes
We work in partnership with the people who use the service to take control and have belief in their potential, making positive outcomes and recovery a reality for everyone, regardless of age or presumed ability.
We create pathways that support individuals through residential to community living, delivering measurable results for the people who use our services. This, paired with our personalisation agenda, enables us to support individuals to lead fulfilled, independent lives. By working together, we can make a real difference.
Our Head of Quality and support team work hard to ensure continuous improvements are made in all our Priory Adult Care homes and our care planning, staff training and competence, medications management and service provision are of the highest standard. To maintain quality, we regularly undertake rigorous internal audits and our services are regulated by the CQC and funding bodies.