The Foam supports up to three adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and behaviours that challenge. We offer quality support, which is based on respect for each individual and their right to make choices about the support they receive.
Our approach to support
Individuals will be supported through a person-centred plan, which outlines the level of support they require whilst living at the service. Each person is encouraged to make their own decisions where possible, with the input from key workers and family members too. 1:1 support is provided where required, to ensure each person’s needs are met.
The service offers 24/7 specialist residential support and is committed to providing just enough support to empower and encourage individuals to develop the skills they need to live as independently as possible and achieve positive outcomes.
The service is also supported by a quality assurance team whose aim is to empower the residents to take control of their lives, and where possible, work towards a level of independence which fits with their skills, confidence and aspirations.
- Specialist support for 3 people with learning disabilities, who may also present behaviours that challenge
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- Our bungalow is accessible for an individual who may have mobility problems
- Access to education and paid employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
- A multidisciplinary staff team
- Supported living, respite and community outreach transitional services
“I like living here. I get to do lots of activities which make me feel more independent.”
Person supported by The Foam