The Bungalow, Preston
Located in Preston, Lancashire, The Bungalow (formerly part of Craegmoor) supports three adults with autism, learning disabilities and epilepsy. Our aim is to provide a safe and caring environment where learning and living is an enjoyable experience, enabling people to develop as individuals.
We design our service around the individual needs of each person, working together to achieve the very best for everyone in a unique, homely atmosphere. We also aim to provide everyday living experiences within the community for people who would otherwise miss the opportunity to experience the wider world.
- Three bedded bungalow with spacious communal areas including a lounge, dining room and kitchen
- Gardens to the front and rear of the property where people can enjoy outdoor activities
- Person-centred approach through both community and home-based activities
- A highly skilled and dedicated staff team
- Within easy access to local shops, amenities and transport links
- ‘Your Voice’ meetings where individuals are encouraged to share their views
Our approach to support
Our person-centred approach plans are developed in partnership with the people we support and other key stakeholders. Each plan is designed to support an individual’s personal choices and aspirations, focusing on what is needed to make this happen. Everyone has an individual, tailor-made support package enabling them to achieve positive outcomes.
With a person-centred approach to care and support, this enables them to be as independent as possible within the community and we believe this provides the pathway tools for individuals to live in a more independent setting in the future.
“The staff really help me to develop my daily living skills. I feel more independent now.”
Person supported by The Bungalow