Supporting You in the South West
Supporting You in the South West, also known as SYI South West, provides innovative and creative support to individuals with learning disabilities, autism and/or mental health problems to live the lives they want and to achieve their goals.
We work with individuals who require support and assistance to live as independently as possible whether this is providing support in peoples’ own homes or via our outreach services. The level of support can range from a couple of hours per week to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We provide support to individuals who are funded directly by the Local Authority, have a direct payment or individual budget and some people buy in support privately.
Our specialist services
Amongst the services available at Supporting You in the South West are:
- Finances and economic wellbeing, including budgeting and debt management
- Maintaining accommodation
- Employment, volunteering, education and training
- Relationships with family and friends
- Leisure, cultural and faith activities
- Developing self-confidence and community involvement
- Mental and emotional health
- Physical health, including exercise and healthy eating
- Drug or alcohol issues
- Dealing with offending issues
- Domestic and living skills, including cooking, shopping and public transport
- Moving to independent accommodation
Our approach to support
We are flexible and person-centred in our approach, believing that no two people will have the same support needs, goals or aspirations and knowing therefore that everyone's support will be different. Our person centred support plans are developed in partnership with the people we support and others who are important to them. We always ensure that the process is meaningful and that the person we support has real opportunities to direct the process and state their wishes.
While we are able to support people with a wide range of learning disabilities, we have particular expertise in supporting individuals with very challenging and complex needs. Our behaviour specialists are fully involved in assessing need, setting up personalised packages of support that will really make a difference to a person's life and, alongside specialists from the Quality Team, supporting staff in providing high quality individualised support.
“I have started making positive plans for the future and with staff support I have applied for a job. This is the best placement for me so far in my life and I love it here."
A person assisted by Supporting You in the South West