Supporting You in the South West
Priory Adult Care’s Supporting You in the South West, also known as SYI South West, provides person-centred, innovative and creative supported living services to adults with complex needs.
We work with a number of Registered Social Landlords in the South West and currently offer a range of supported living services in Bristol, Clevedon, Taunton, Torquay and Weston-super-Mare. We will also continue to develop new bespoke services throughout the year to enable people to live in their own homes, with their own tenancies.
With a range of specialist residential placements also available in the local area, we can offer pathways of care, allowing us to step people up, dependent on their needs, and help prevent hospital admissions and blocked discharges.
Our supported living services
Our aim is to enable and empower individuals to make their own choices about how to live their lives.
We offer flexible and responsive packages of care and work with individuals who require support and assistance to live as independently as possible, whether this is providing support in peoples’ own homes or via our outreach services. The level of support can range from a couple of hours per week to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with rents in line with Housing Benefits.
Amongst the services available at SYI South West, we support people with:
- Finances and economic wellbeing, including budgeting and debt management
- Maintaining accommodation
- Employment, volunteering, education and training
- Relationships with family and friends
- Leisure, cultural and faith activities
- Developing self-confidence and community involvement
- Mental and emotional health
- Physical health including exercise and healthy eating
- Drug or alcohol issues
- Dealing with offending issues
- Domestic and living skills, including cooking, shopping and public transport
- Moving to independent accommodation
SYI South West currently has supported living services in Bristol, Clevedon, Taunton, Torquay and Weston-super-Mare, close to our specialist residential services.
We will also continue to develop new services across all counties within the South West. If you do not see a suitable location here, please still do get in touch.
“I have started making positive plans for the future and with staff support I have applied for a job. This is the best placement for me so far in my life and I love it here."
A person assisted by Supporting You in the South West