Supporting You in the North
Supporting You in The North, also known as SYI North (formerly part of Craegmoor), is dedicated to providing individually tailored packages of high quality, person centred support to individuals with learning disabilities, associated conditions and mental health issues to develop the skills they need to live as independently as possible. Support can be provided in accommodation-based settings or via our outreach services. The level of support can range from a couple of hours per week to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We provide support to people who are funded directly by the Local Authority, have a direct payment or individual budget and some people buy in support privately.
Our specialist services
Amongst the services available at Supporting You in the North are:
- Finances and economic wellbeing, including budgeting and debt management
- Maintaining accommodation
- Employment, volunteering, education and training
- Relationships with family and friends
- Leisure, cultural and faith activities
- Developing self-confidence and community involvement
- Mental and emotional health
- Physical health, including exercise and healthy eating
- Drug or alcohol issues
- Dealing with offending issues
- Domestic and living skills, including cooking, shopping and public transport
- Moving to independent accommodation
"You have given me a sense of responsibility and a reason to get out of bed in the morning. I am so much more independent and confident now."
Person assisted by Supporting You in the North