Supporting You in the East Midlands
Supporting You in the East Midlands, also known as SYI East Midlands (formerly part of Craegmoor), supports adults and young people with a diagnosis of a learning disability, physical disability, autism or mental health needs, to live the lives they want, in their own homes, in the community.
We can support individuals in their own homes to develop independence and reach their full potential. Our support packages are bespoke and are identified around the individual needs. Our focus is on enabling people to achieve their goals, dreams and wishes and to become as independent as possible.
The service offers specialist support to empower and encourage individuals to develop their self-esteem and the skills they need, working towards a level of independence which fits with their confidence and aspirations.
Our supported living services
Supporting You in the East Midlands currently have services in Chesterfield and Derbyshire. Our services offer:
- Specialist support for people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs, complex needs and behaviours that may challenge
- Support with aspects of everyday life; healthy eating, maintaining the home, paying bills, shopping, budgeting and maintaining tenancies
- Support to access benefits including direct payments and personal budgets
- Community outreach services; support with becoming more confident, participating in community related activities and maintaining family contacts
- Improvement in quality of life irrespective of illness or disability
- 24-hour support available if needed providing choice, participation and inclusion
- Support to access education, voluntary and paid employment opportunities
- Support to develop self-confidence and self-esteem by way of mentoring and coaching by qualified key-workers
- Positive behaviour support with prescribed interventions (where applicable) by qualified clinical leads, who work closely with each individual to tailor a plan specifically to meet the person’s needs