Supporting You in South Wales
Priory Adult Care’s Supporting You in South Wales, also known as SYI South Wales, provides person-centred, innovative and creative supported living services to adults with complex needs.
We work with a number of Registered Social Landlords in South Wales and currently offer a range of supported living services in Cardiff and Newport. As well as these locations, we will continue to develop new bespoke services throughout the year to enable people to live in their own homes, with their own tenancies.
With a range of specialist residential placements also available in the local area, offering pathways of care, we can support individuals experiencing a time of crisis, to prevent a possible hospital admission.
Our supported living services
Our aim is to enable and empower individuals to make their own choices about how to live their lives.
We work with individuals who require support and assistance to live as independently as possible, whether this is providing support in peoples’ own homes or via our outreach services. The level of support can range from a couple of hours per week to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with rents in line with Housing Benefits.
Amongst the services available at SYI South Wales, these include:
- Specialist support for people with complex needs, including autism, learning disabilities, mental health illnesses and behaviours that may challenge
- Support with aspects of everyday life, including personal care, healthy eating, medication, maintaining the home, paying bills, shopping, budgeting and maintaining tenancies
- Support to access benefits, including direct payments and personal budgets
- Community outreach services, including support with becoming more confident, participating in community related activities and maintaining family contacts
- Improvement in quality of life, irrespective of illness or disability
- 24 hour support available if needed, providing choice, participation and inclusion
- Support to access education, voluntary and paid employment opportunities
- Support to recruit your own staff
- Support to arrange holidays and day trips out
- Support to source your own property using our connections with social care and housing providers
SYI South Wales currently have supported living services within the shaded areas below, close to our specialist residential services, Caerlan and Redlands. This pathway allows us to step people up, dependent on their needs, and can help prevent hospital admissions and blocked discharges.
We will also continue to develop new services across South Wales. If you do not see a suitable location here, please still do get in touch.
“You have helped me to understand myself better.”
Person supported by Supporting You in South Wales