Supporting You in Lincolnshire
Supporting You in Lincolnshire, also known as SYI Lincolnshire (formerly part of Craegmoor), aims to support adults and young people with learning disabilities, mental health issues and challenging behaviours to live the lives they want, in their own homes, in the community.
We can support individuals in their own homes to develop independence and reach their full potential. Our support packages are identified around the support an individual needs, whilst our focus is on enabling people to achieve their goals and to become more independent, providing the opportunities they deserve.
The service offers specialist support to empower and encourage individuals to develop their self-esteem and the skills they need, working towards a level of independence which is in line with their skills, confidence and aspirations.
Our supported living services
Amongst the services available at Supporting You in Lincolnshire are:
- Specialist support for people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health illnesses, complex needs and behaviours that challenge, to live the life they want
- Domiciliary care and support with aspects of everyday life; personal care, healthy eating, medication, maintaining the home, paying bills, shopping, budgeting and maintaining tenancies
- Support to access benefits including Direct Payments and Personal Budgets
- Community outreach services; support with becoming more confident, participating in community related activities and maintaining family contacts
- Improvement in quality of life irrespective of illness or disability
- 24 hour support available if needed providing choice, participation and inclusion
- Support to access education, voluntary and paid employment opportunities
Our approach to support
We are focused on supporting people to be as independent as possible, both within their own home and in their local community. We support individuals with mental health issues, learning disabilities, and challenging behaviours.
We work in partnership with people to ensure they have control over the way their support is provided. We are flexible and person centred in our approach, believing that no two people will have the same support needs, goals or aspirations and knowing therefore that everyone's support will be different. Our focus is on enabling people to achieve their goals and to become more independent.
Amongst the support available at Supporting You in Lincolnshire are:
- Finances and economic wellbeing, including budgeting and debt management
- Maintaining accommodation
- Employment, volunteering, education and training
- Relationships with family and friends
- Leisure, cultural and faith activities
- Developing self-confidence and community involvement
- Mental and emotional health
- Physical health, including exercise and healthy eating
- Drug or alcohol issues
- Dealing with offending issues
- Domestic and living skills, including cooking, shopping and public transport
- Moving to independent accommodation
The office is easily accessible to all areas of Lincolnshire, either by public transport, or car, with plenty of parking space available. The office is based on the ground floor and is well equipped to meet the needs of the service
"You have given me a sense of responsibility and a reason to get out of bed in the morning."
A person supported by Supporting You In Lincolnshire