Located in Swindon, Spode Close (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a bespoke specialist autism service for up to seven individuals with autistic spectrum conditions and associated complex needs.
Spode Close supports people aged 18 years and over, however we can also accommodate individuals that are 17 years old who are going through a transition from Children’s Services having been identified via the transforming care agenda.
We pride ourselves on bringing together the best qualities of a local service, with the support and expertise of an established and well-respected service provider.
The specialist services provided at Spode Close includes:
- A low stimulus, homely and relaxed environment, whilst offering robust furnishings
- Innovative person-centred support programmes and personal activity planners
- Intensive interactive communication and environment
- One-to-one specialist support as required
- Access to education and supported employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway to live as independently as possible
- A dedicated positive behaviour support specialist
Our specialist staff team
The staff team at Spode Close have significant experience and expertise in supporting people with complex autism, learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge. A dedicated positive behaviour support practitioner is also part of the staff team.
“I have my own apartment here with a kitchen which I really enjoy using to cook food. I feel like I am becoming more independent.”
Person supported by Spode Close