Seabreezes supports up to six people with learning disabilities, who may present complex conditions. Some of the people that we support at Seabreezes also have communication difficulties or present behaviours that may challenge, and predominately have dual diagnosis, as well as a range of other disabilities including autism, epilepsy and Down’s syndrome.
At Seabreezes, our dedicated staff team are here to support people 24 hours a day. People are able to express what level of support they require through their own person-centred plan. The plans are tailored to suit individual needs and enable all individuals to make their own choices about how they would like to be supported to achieve their targets, goals and future aspirations.
- A 6-bedded unit, all rooms with toilet and washroom facilities, including 3 en-suite with showers
- Access to all local amenities including excellent public transport links
- Ramps at the front and rear exit to provide easier access for people with physical disabilities.
- A large wet room on the ground floor to accommodate adults with limited mobility
- A communal bathroom on the first floor, large kitchen/diner, lounge-diner, large rear garden and day care room
- Non-invasive PROACT-SCIPr-UK techniques
- En-suite rooms are all compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- 1:1 psychological support, where needed
- Access to education and paid employment opportunities through colleges and other agencies
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
- A multidisciplinary staff team
- Supported living, respite and community outreach transitional services are also available
“I like living at Seabreezes. I really enjoy living by the sea and I like the staff, they look after me."
Person supported by Seabreezes