Situated in a quiet area of Torquay, Rosehill is a specialist residential service for adults with complex needs.
We provide a safe and supportive environment where individuals can progress to lead a more independent and fulfilling life.
The people that live at Rosehill are supported using a person-centred approach, providing a package of care and support that meets the individual’s goals and aspirations.
We understand that each person has different needs, interests and hobbies, which is why personal input is so important. Our aim is to deliver a high quality service that enables people to maximise their independence.
Our specialist services
We provide a wide range of specialist services and facilities for the people we support. This includes:
- 15 mostly en-suite bedrooms, including an apartment style, 2-bedded annexe, and wet rooms with disabled access
- All floors are connected by a large lift
- Communal areas, including lounges and activity rooms with computer access
- Hydrotherapy bathroom with piped music and subdued lighting
- Occupational therapy kitchen
- Fully-equipped gymnasium
- Low stimulation room
- Large gardens with decked area and views over Torquay
- 3 vehicles adapted to provide wheelchair access to support everyone to use community facilities
- A highly skilled and dedicated staff team
- Community and home-based activities
- A location close to shops and amenities, and within easy reach of the coast
An environment offering pathways
Our facilities are designed to offer a transitional pathway through the service, with progression into an apartment-style room and then to a transitional independent living flat. This supports greater emphasis on positive outcomes and helps to increase the effective discharge to wider community, independent living.
Developing independence skills
Rosehill provides innovative person-centred support programmes and personal activity planners. Residents are actively involved in the formulation of a personalised plan of personal skills development and growth opportunities which support a range of skills including:
- Personal hygiene
- Food shopping
- Travel and transport