Riverview provides personalised, high quality, safe support for nine individuals with autism, acquired brain injury (ABI) and/or behaviours that challenge. We are proud that our home is rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC.
Our approach to support
We are highly skilled and experienced in working with individuals with communication challenges, and the focus of our service is to support the individual to optimise their independence through skill and confidence development.
Each person at Riverview has a person-centred plan which they help to design; each plan is specifically designed to reflect his or her personal needs and choices. Every individual is assigned a key worker who ensures a holistic approach to their support, assisting with the person-centred plan and reviewing it on a regular basis.
We believe that every individual is capable of achieving positive outcomes with just the right level of support.
The services offered at Riverview include:
- A low stimulus, homely and relaxed environment, whilst offering robust furnishings
- Innovative person-centred support programmes and personal activity planners
- Intensive interactive communication and environment
- One-to-one specialist support as required
- Access to education and supported employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway to live as independently as possible
- Access to multidisciplinary health professionals and a positive behaviour support (PBS) specialist
Activities and facilities
Our home is set on a large, detached property, which offers a variety of communal spaces. Our facilities include:
- Two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Six self-contained flats with en-suite bedrooms, their own lounge and kitchen to promote daily living skills
- A communal quiet area
- A communal multipurpose room
- Large, secured garden
Developing independence at Riverview
Riverview is based in the picturesque seaside town of Teignmouth in Devon. We have many facilities on our doorstep, including shops and leisure facilities nearby, as well as transport links such as a bus network. We also provide access to education or voluntary and paid employment opportunities, which enable the people we support to grow their independence, in line with their person-centred plan.
It is our aim to assist each person in the development of skills that will enable their full participation in the life of the immediate and wider community and live the life they want to. People living at Riverview can acquire skills by getting involved with daily tasks and activities, including cooking, cleaning and going shopping.
“They used to be in a sparse room, now they have personal belongings, they never went out, now they go into town to the local coffee shop and people know them,” … “ The change has been dramatic, his eyes used to look sad, now they are smiling and bright, it is wonderful.”
Relative of service user supported by Riverview
"Riverview receives input from a regional Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) specialist who supports the staff team and the people we support by developing person-centred PBS plans and overseeing there implementation."
Staff member at Riverview