River House (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a specialist service for people aged 18 years and over with autistic spectrum conditions and learning disabilities, who may also present behaviours that challenge.
Located in the Shaw’s Bridge area of Greater Belfast, River House is within walking distance of local shops and parks, as well as major bus routes into Belfast city centre, which is only five miles from the service.
This robust and specifically designed house brings together the best qualities of a local service with the support and expertise of a well-established provider. The staff team have significant expertise in caring for people with autism, including a dedicated Positive Behaviour Support Specialist and Autism Lead.
River House has an experienced and trained staff team that is managed by a dedicated full time Manager and their Deputy Managers. The services available at River House include:
- Eight en-suite bedrooms
- A spacious garden, comfortable and homely communal lounge, modern kitchen and dining area
- Person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- Intensive and interactive communication programmes
- Access to Positive Behaviour Support Specialist and Autism Leads
- Education and voluntary/paid employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway to fulfil each individual’s potential to live more independently
“Thank you for all your support, I am more confident now. I have a job and go to college which I really enjoy.”
Person supported by River House