Located in Plympton, Devon, Ridgecott is a residential service to support the specific needs of people with autism, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and mental health needs. We strive to enable each individual we support to reach their fullest potential within a safe, structured, stimulating environment.
Our approach to support
At Ridgecott, all individuals are all supported by an experienced staff who have a good understanding and empathy of the needs of people with autism and related conditions. Each person has a person-centred plan, which they help design and each plan is specifically designed to reflect their personal needs and choices. In addition, each resident is assigned a key worker who ensures a holistic approach to their support.
- Specialist support for ten people with autism, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and mental health needs
- 24/7 support, including one-to-one psychological support, where needed
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- Robust, low arousal, homely accommodation, which exceeds the latest standards
- Close links with the local community, supporting residents to access education, employment, volunteering and a broad range of other activities
- Service users can have their views heard via Priory Adult Care’s communication strategy ‘Our Voice’
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
“I love going to Highbury club, I love singing and dancing with my friends and I love our trips out on the mini bus.”
Person supported by Ridgecott