Redlands (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a large detached house located in a residential area on the outskirts of Newport city centre. Redlands provides accommodation and personal care for seven adults aged between 18 and 64 years old who have a learning disability or mental health issue.
The service offers 24 hour specialist residential support and is committed to providing just enough support to empower and encourage individuals to develop the skills they need to live as independently as possible and achieve positive outcomes for all.
The service is also supported by a quality assurance team including a specialist Learning Disability Advisor whose aim is to empower residents to take control of their lives, and where possible, work towards a level of independence which fits with their skills, confidence and aspirations.
We offer a wide range of services at Redlands to meet the needs of our residents. These include:
- Specialist support for seven people with learning disabilities who may also have a mental health issue
- Four rooms with en-suite facilities
- A large communal lounge, a separate quiet lounge and combined dining room and kitchen
- All residents are registered with a local GP
- Innovative person centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- Access to education and paid employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
- Residents can have their views heard via Priory Adult Care’s newsletter “Your Voice”
“I was a bit of a boy when I first came here to live 7 years ago, but I‘m not now, the staff helped me, my key worker is the best and I am happy living here.”
Person supported by Redlands