Ravenlea provides support for up to six adults with learning disabilities, some physical disabilities, complex needs and some behaviours that challenge. It is our aim to provide the right level of support to allow individuals to live a more fulfilling and independent future.
Ravenlea is a short walk to the town centre, Leas promenade and public transport links including trains and buses. We are 20 minutes from Dover, famous for its port and picturesque castle.
- Specialist support for adults with learning disabilities who may also present with autism and mild to moderate behaviours that challenge
- Six en-suite bedrooms, which are compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act
- Rated ‘good’ in each care category by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- All residents are encouraged to have a full day care plan and attend activities on a daily basis
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
- A convenient location, close to the train station, amenities, local college and a learning disability educational centre
Our approach to support
All of our team members complete a full induction and attend statutory training and further training courses in other subjects relevant to the provision of support for individuals at the home.
We support each individual in the creation of a person-centred plan, which provides every person with the opportunity to express how much support they would like and at a level they need to enable them to live as independently as possible. A person-centred plan also outlines the goals and aspirations of each individual, and the steps that are needed in order to reach these targets.
“I like my house and my keyworker, holiday soon and Banger Racing.”
Person supported by Ravenlea