Ravenlea (formerly part of Craegmoor) provides support for up to seven adults with learning disabilities, some physical disabilities, complex needs and some behaviours that challenge. It is our aim to provide the right level of support to allow individuals to live a more fulfilling and independent future.
Ravenlea is a short walk to the town centre, Leas promenade and public transport links including trains and buses. We are 20 minutes from Dover, famous for its port and picturesque castle.
The services available at Ravenlea include:
- Specialist support for seven people with learning disabilities who may also present mild to moderate challenging behaviour
- Seven bedrooms, all with en suite facilities
- En-suite rooms are all compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- All service users are encouraged to have a full day care plan and attend activities on a daily basis
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more
- Service users can have their views heard via Priory Adult Care’s communication strategy “Your Voice”
Our approach to support
All of our team members complete a full induction and attend statutory training and further training courses in other subjects relevant to the provision of support for individuals at the home.
We support each individual in the creation of a person-centred plan, which provides every person with the opportunity to express how much support they would like and at a level they need to enable them to live as independently as possible. A person-centred plan also outlines the goals and aspirations of each individual, and the steps that are needed in order to reach these targets.
“I like my house and my keyworker, holiday soon and Banger Racing.”
Person supported by Ravenlea