Progress House (formerly part of Craegmoor) is situated in Kilnhurst, which is close to Mexborough, Rotherham and Doncaster, and has easy access to local shops and amenities. The local transport system is easily accessible.
The service offers 24/7 specialist residential support in a safe and homely environment. We provide assessment and support for adults living with a primary learning disability diagnosis but may present complex conditions. Some of our service users also have communication difficulties or present behaviours that challenge, and predominately have dual diagnosis, as well as a range of other disabilities.
Our specialist services
Amongst the services available at Progress House are:
- Specialist support for five people with learning disabilities who may also present mild to moderate challenging behaviour
- Non-invasive 'Managing Violence and Aggression' low arousal restraint technique
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- One-to-one psychological support where needed
- Access to education and paid employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
- Multidisciplinary staff team
- Supported living, respite and community outreach transitional services
Our approach to support
The service is supported by a quality assurance team including a specialist Learning Disability Advisor whose aim is to empower service users to take control of their lives, and where possible, work towards a level of independence which fits with their skills, confidence and aspirations
All individuals using our service have a person-centred plan which they help to create; it lists their goals and ambitions, as well as the level of support they require.
“I like living here I have friends and the staff look after me and they take me out a lot.”
Person supported by Progress House