Priory Supported Living West Midlands
Priory Supported Living West Midlands provides supported living services for people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs and those who present with behaviours that may challenge. Our specialist support enables people to live happy and fulfilling lives in their own homes within their community.
Our residents are at the heart of all we do and we are committed to empowering them to live that they choose themselves. We work in a person-centred way, which means that our support and care is completely bespoke, and perfectly matched to the unique needs, preferences and aspirations of each individual.
Our services provide specialist support to encourage individuals to develop their self-esteem and the skills they need, working towards a level of independence which is in line with their skills, confidence and aspirations.
Our supported living services
Priory Supported Living West Midlands provides support up to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including 1:1 support. We provide help across a range of areas to enable individuals to lead more enriching and fulfilling lives. This includes:
- Specialist support for people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs and those who present with behaviours that may challenge, to live the life that they choose
- Domiciliary care and support with aspects of everyday life, such as personal care, healthy eating, medication, maintaining the home, paying bills, shopping, budgeting and maintaining tenancies
- Support to access benefits including direct payments and personal budgets
- Community outreach services; support with becoming more confident, participating in community related activities and maintaining family contacts
- Improvement in quality of life irrespective of illness or disability
- 24 hour support available if needed providing choice, participation and inclusion
- Support to access education, voluntary and paid employment opportunities
Flexible, person-centred support
We are focused on supporting people to be as independent as possible, both within their own home and in their local community. We support individuals with mental health needs, learning disabilities, autism and those who present with behaviours that may challenge.
At Priory Supported Living West Midlands, we work in partnership with people to ensure they have control over the way their support is provided. We are flexible and person-centred in our approach, believing that no two people will have the same support needs, goals or aspirations and knowing therefore that everyone's support will be different. Our focus is on enabling people to achieve their goals and to become more independent.
The support available at Priory Supported Living West Midlands includes:
- Finances and economic wellbeing, including budgeting and debt management
- Maintaining accommodation
- Employment, volunteering, education and training
- Relationships with family and friends
- Leisure, cultural and faith activities
- Developing self-confidence and community involvement
- Mental and emotional health
- Physical health, including exercise and healthy eating
- Domestic and living skills, including cooking, shopping and public transport
- Moving to independent accommodation
A range of accommodation options available
Priory Supported Living West Midlands has established partnerships with housing providers in the area which enables us to offer a range of accommodation. Our accommodation options are welcoming, comfortable and modern and include self-contained apartments and shared living. All services are within easy access of amenities and transport links.
We can provide help with tenancy agreements where needed, giving people the security of their own homes. By understanding each person’s needs and aspirations, we can agree together the type of accommodation and locations that might work best for them.
Achieving positive outcomes
Priory Supported Living West Midlands empowers people to achieve the best possible outcomes by giving them greater choice and control over how they live their lives. We encourage each individual to reach their potential by delivering specialist person-centred support that enables them to lead a life that is more enriching and fulfilling.
We create pathways that support individuals through residential to community living, delivering measurable results for both local authorities and the people who use our services. By working together, we can make a real and lasting difference.
“I never thought I would be doing so much for myself, my life has totally changed, everyone is really proud of me, but most of all I am proud of myself.”
Person assisted by Priory Supported Living West Midlands