Priory Supported Living The Shires
Priory Supported Living The Shires provides supported living services for people with learning disabilities and mental health needs. Our specialist support enables people to live happy and fulfilling lives in their own homes within their community.
Our focus at Priory Supported Living The Shires is on supporting people to develop independence and achieve their goals. We work in a person-centred way, carefully matching our support and care to the unique needs, preferences and aspirations of each individual.
The service offers specialist support to empower and encourage individuals to develop their self-esteem and the skills they need, working towards a level of independence which is in line with their skills, confidence and aspirations.
“All of the staff are so caring, they listen to me and respect me.”
People supported by Priory Supported Living The Shires
Our supported living services
Priory Supported Living The Shires provides support up to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including 1:1 support. We provide help across a range of areas to enable individuals to lead more enriching and fulfilling lives. This includes:
- Specialist support for people with learning disabilities and mental health needs to live that the life they choose
- Domiciliary care and support with aspects of everyday life, such as personal care, healthy eating, medication, maintaining the home, paying bills, shopping, budgeting and maintaining tenancies
- Support to access benefits including direct payments and personal budgets
- Community outreach services; support with becoming more confident, participating in community related activities and maintaining family contacts
- Improvement in quality of life irrespective of illness or disability
- 24 hour support available if needed providing choice, participation and inclusion
- Support to access education, voluntary and paid employment opportunities
Flexible, person-centred support
We are focused on supporting people to be as independent as possible, both within their own home and in their local community. We support individuals with mental health needs and learning disabilities.
At Priory Supported Living The Shires, we work in partnership with people to ensure they have control over the way their support is provided. We are flexible and person-centred in our approach, believing that no two people will have the same support needs, goals or aspirations and knowing therefore that everyone's support will be different. Our focus is on enabling people to achieve their goals and to become more independent.
The support available at Priory Supported Living The Shires includes:
- Finances and economic wellbeing, including budgeting and debt management
- Maintaining accommodation
- Employment, volunteering, education and training
- Relationships with family and friends
- Leisure, cultural and faith activities
- Developing self-confidence and community involvement
- Mental and emotional health
- Physical health, including exercise and healthy eating
- Dealing with offending issues
- Domestic and living skills, including cooking, shopping and public transport
- Moving to independent accommodation
A range of accommodation options available
Priory Supported Living The Shires has established partnerships with housing providers in the area which enables us to offer a range of accommodation. We provide self-contained apartments, shared living and completely bespoke solutions, with accommodation adapted to meet individual needs. Our tenants’ homes are welcoming, comfortable and modern. Services are within easy access of amenities and transport links.
We can provide help with tenancy agreements where needed, giving people the security of their own homes. By understanding each person’s needs and aspirations, we can agree together the type of accommodation and locations that might work best for them.
Achieving positive outcomes
Priory Supported Living The Shires empowers people to achieve the best possible outcomes by giving them greater choice and control over how they live their lives. We encourage each individual to reach their potential by delivering specialist person-centred support that enables them to lead a life that is more enriching and fulfilling.
We create pathways that support individuals through residential to community living, delivering measurable results for both local authorities and the people who use our services. Working together, we make a real and lasting difference.
“I can’t thank the staff enough for how they care for me and look after me.”
A person assisted by Priory Supported Living The Shires