Priory Supported Living South Wales
Priory Supported Living South Wales supports people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs, an acquired brain injury and those who present with behaviours that may challenge to live the lives that they choose. Our specialist support enables people to live happy and fulfilling lives in their own homes within their communities.
Our focus at Priory Supported Living South Wales is on supporting people to develop independence and achieve their true potential.
Our residents are at the heart of all we do and we work in partnership with them to agree how we will support their needs and aspirations. Everything we provide, including our accommodation, is carefully designed to meet the individual needs of each person. We are proud of the quality of our accommodation schemes, some of which use assistive technology to maximise the independence of our residents.
With a range of specialist residential placements also in the area, we can offer unique care pathways for individuals, including step-down services.
Our supported living services
Priory Supported Living South Wales provides support up to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including 1:1 support. We provide help across a range of areas to enable individuals to lead more enriching and fulfilling lives.
- Specialist support for people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs and those who present with behaviours that challenge to live the life that they choose
- Domiciliary care and support with aspects of everyday life, such as personal care, healthy eating, medication, maintaining the home, paying bills, shopping, budgeting and maintaining tenancies
- Support to access benefits including direct payments and personal budgets
- Community outreach services; support with becoming more confident, participating in community related activities and maintaining family contacts
- Improvement in quality of life irrespective of illness or disability
- 24 hour support available if needed providing choice, participation and inclusion
- Support to access education, voluntary and paid employment opportunities
Flexible, person-centred support
We are focused on supporting people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs and behaviours that may challenge to be as independent as possible, both in their own home and within their local community.
At Priory Supported Living South Wales, we work in partnership with people to ensure they have control over the way their support is provided. Our focus is on enabling people to achieve their goals and to become more independent.
The support available at Priory Supported Living South Wales includes:
- Finances and economic wellbeing, including budgeting and debt management
- Maintaining accommodation
- Employment, volunteering, education and training
- Relationships with family and friends
- Leisure, cultural and faith activities
- Developing self-confidence and community involvement
- Mental and emotional health
- Physical health, including exercise and healthy eating
- Domestic and living skills, including cooking, shopping and public transport
- Moving to independent accommodation
A range of accommodation options available
Priory Supported Living South Wales has established partnerships with housing providers in the area and we are proud of the quality and range of our accommodation schemes. These include self-contained apartments and shared living.
Our tenants’ homes are comfortable and modern, with some of these having assistive technology services incorporated into the buildings to maximise independence for residents. Services are located within communities, so our residents have easy access to amenities and transport links.
We can provide help with tenancy agreements where needed, giving people the security of their own homes. By understanding each person’s needs and aspirations, we can agree together the type of accommodation and locations that might work best for them.
Achieving positive outcomes
Priory Supported Living South Wales empowers people to achieve the best possible outcomes by giving them greater choice and control over how they live their lives. We encourage each individual to reach their potential by delivering specialist person-centred support that enables them to lead a life that is more enriching and fulfilling.
We are proud that our residents achieve greater independence, find employment and fully integrate into their communities. Many of those we support move on to completely independent living. Our services deliver measurable results for both local authorities and the people we support.
“You have helped me to understand myself better.”
Person supported by Priory Supported Living South Wales