Priory Supported Living Kent
Priory Supported Living Kent support adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs to live the lives that they choose. Our specialist support enables people to live happy and fulfilling lives in their own homes within their communities.
Our highly experienced multidisciplinary team support people to develop independence and reach their full potential. We work in a person-centred way, which means that our support and care is completely bespoke, and perfectly matched to the unique needs, preferences and aspirations of each individual.
Our support packages are identified around the support an individual needs, whilst our focus is on enabling people to achieve their goals and to become more independent, providing the opportunities they deserve.
The service offers specialist support to empower and encourage individuals to develop their self-esteem and the skills they need, working towards a level of independence which is in line with their skills, confidence and aspirations.
"It’s nice living here, I like my staff and really enjoy the activities that I do in the community. I also love going to my day centre."
A person assisted by Priory Supported Living Kent
Our supported living services
Priory Supported Living Kent provides support up to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including 1:1 support. We provide help across a range of areas to enable individuals to lead more enriching and fulfilling lives. This includes:
- Specialist support for people with learning disabilities and mental health needs to live the life that they choose
- Domiciliary care and support with aspects of everyday life, such personal care, healthy eating, medication, maintaining the home, paying bills, shopping, budgeting and maintaining tenancies
- Support to access benefits including direct payments and personal budgets
- Community outreach services; support with becoming more confident, participating in community related activities and maintaining family contacts
- Improvement in quality of life irrespective of illness or disability
- 24 hour support available if needed providing choice, participation and inclusion
- Support to access education, voluntary and paid employment opportunities
Flexible, person-centred support
We are focused on supporting people to be as independent as possible, both within their own home and in their local community. We support individuals with mental health needs and learning disabilities.
At Priory Supported Living Kent, we work in partnership with people to ensure they have control over the way their support is provided. We are flexible and person-centred in our approach, believing that no two people will have the same support needs, goals or aspirations and knowing therefore that everyone's support will be different. Our focus is on enabling people to achieve their goals and to become more independent.
The support available at Priory Supported Living Kent includes:
- Finances and economic wellbeing, including budgeting and debt management
- Maintaining accommodation
- Employment, volunteering, education and training
- Relationships with family and friends
- Leisure, cultural and faith activities
- Developing self-confidence and community involvement
- Mental and emotional health
- Physical health, including exercise and healthy eating
- Dealing with offending issues
- Domestic and living skills, including cooking, shopping and public transport
- Moving to independent accommodation
A range of accommodation options available
Priory Supported Living Kent has established partnerships with housing providers in the area and we are proud of the quality and range of our accommodation schemes. We offer self-contained apartments and bungalows, shared living and completely bespoke solutions, with accommodation adapted to meet individual needs.
Our tenants’ homes are comfortable and modern, with some of these having assistive technology services incorporated into the buildings to maximise independence for residents. Services all have easy access to amenities and transport links.
By understanding each person’s needs and aspirations, we can agree together the type of accommodation and locations that might work best for them. We can provide help with tenancy agreements where needed, giving people the security of their own homes. If an individual wishes to live with others, we match them with people who have shared interests and lifestyles.
Achieving positive outcomes
Priory Supported Living Kent empowers people to achieve the best possible outcomes by giving them greater choice and control over how they live their lives. We encourage each individual to reach their potential by delivering specialist person-centred support that enables them to lead a life that is more enriching and fulfilling.
We are proud that our residents achieve greater independence, find employment and fully integrate into their communities. Our services deliver measurable results for both local authorities and the people we support. Working together, we make a real and lasting difference.