Old Vicarage, Dewsbury
Located in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, Old Vicarage (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a new residential service for seven adults with complex needs including autism and learning disabilities.
The service is close to local amenities and has good public transport links, with easy access to major bus routes, train stations and the M1 and M62 motorways connecting it to cities including Manchester, Leeds and London.
This new Priory Adult Care provision merges the best qualities of a ‘local’ project with the support and expertise of an established and well-respected service provider. Old Vicarage supports people aged 18 years and over, however we can accommodate younger people who are 17 years old and going through a transitional process from children’s services.
The staff team have significant expertise in supporting people with autism and other complex needs. A dedicated Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) specialist will also be available.
- A low stimulus, homely and relaxed environment, whilst offering robust furnishings
- Self-contained flats with their own Activities of Daily Living (ADL) kitchens to promote independence
- An annex with one bedroom, wet-room, separate lounge and ADL kitchen
- A spacious and modern kitchen/diner, lounge area and learning hub
- A large, well-maintained communal garden
- Innovative person-centred support programmes and personal activity planners
- Access to multi-professionals and a dedicated Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) specialist
- One-to-one specialist support as required
- Education and supported employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway to live as independently as possible
Achieving positive outcomes
By encouraging people to take control and have belief in their potential, we can make positive outcomes a reality for everyone, regardless of age or presumed ability.
We create pathways that support individuals through residential to community living, delivering measurable results for both local authorities and the people who use our services. This, paired with our personalisation agenda, enables us to help the people we support to lead fulfilled, independent lives.
“The facilities are really fantastic. I will become a lot more independent living here.”
Person supported by Old Vicarage, Dewsbury