New Stead House
Through our services at New Stead House (formerly part of Craegmoor), we provide leading person-centred support for men and women over the age of 18 living with autism.
We offer 24/7 specialist residential care in a community setting. Our aim is to deliver an increasing sense of self-management and empowerment that will lead to more independent living.
The service provides:
- 17 en-suite bedrooms including transitional living apartments offering individuals a realistic stepping stone into more independent living
- A low stimulus, homely and relaxed environment whilst offering robust furnishings
- Spacious lounge areas, beautiful grounds and access to the wider community
- Innovative person-centred support programmes and personal activity planners
- Intensive interactive communication and environment
- Sensory room and garden
- One-to-one specialist support as required
- Access to education and supported employment opportunities
- Access to multi-professionals from psychology/OT/chiropody to a dedicated positive behaviour practitioner
“I am now doing my own food shopping and cooking which has really helped me to become more independent.”
Person supported by New Stead House