Mountain View House
Located in Pontypool, Mountain View House (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a bespoke specialist autism service for up to seven individuals with autistic spectrum conditions and associated complex needs aged 18 years and over.
The services offered at Mountain View House include:
- Three modern en-suite bedrooms, two studio flats and two independent apartments
- A low stimulus, homely and relaxed environment, whilst offering robust furnishings
- Spacious, communal lounge with access to safe and private garden
- Innovative person-centred support programmes and personal activity planners
- Intensive interactive communication and environment
- Large garden and access to other recreational space and grounds
- One-to-one specialist support as required
- Access to education and supported employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway to live as independently as possible
- Access to multi-professionals from allied healthcare practitioners and a dedicated positive behaviour support specialist
Our approach to support
The staff team has significant experience and expertise in supporting people with complex autism and associated challenging behaviours. A dedicated positive behaviour support practitioner is also an integral part of the staff team at Mountain View House.
We bring together the best qualities of a ‘local’ service with the support and expertise of an established and well-respected service provider. The home offers progression through a care pathway enabling service users to live as independently as possible.
“I would like to thank everyone that has supported me as I feel so much more independent now. I have my own apartment with a lounge and kitchen; I even do my own cooking and keep my apartment tidy.”
Person supported by Mountain View House