Mount View House
Mount View House is an eight-bedded specialist autism service situated in the rural but picturesque village of Syke in Rochdale, Greater Manchester.
The service is close to local amenities and within easy access to the main bus routes, a train station and motorways linking it to Huddersfield and Rochdale, as well as major cities including Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool.
Mount View House provides support for people aged 18 years and over, but can accommodate individuals who are 17 years old and making the transition from Children’s Services having been identified via the Transforming Care Agenda.
The services offered at Mount View House include:
- A low stimulus, homely and relaxed environment, whilst offering robust furnishings
- Innovative person-centred support programmes and personal activity planners
- Intensive interactive communication and environment
- One-to-one specialist support as required
- Access to education and supported employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway to live as independently as possible
- Access to multi-professionals from allied healthcare practitioners and a dedicated positive behaviour support specialist
Our specialist staff team
The staff team at Mount View House have significant expertise in supporting people with autism and behaviours that challenge. A dedicated Positive Behaviour Support Specialist and Specialist Autism Leads will also be available to support the residents.
“I really like living here. I have my own flat with a kitchen which helps me to learn how to cook better. I feel so much more independent.”
Person supported by Mount View House