Mar Lodge (formerly part of Craegmoor) provides assessment and residential support for seven adults living with a primary learning disability diagnosis but may present mild mental health difficulties. Some of the people we support may also present behaviours that challenge, and have dual diagnosis, as well as a range of other disabilities such as epilepsy or Down’s Syndrome.
- All rooms and communal areas are decorated to the residents tastes for that homely environment
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- Access to education and paid employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
- Service users can have their views heard via Priory Adult Care’s “Your Voice” meetings
Our approach to support
The support at Mar Lodge is delivered by a dedicated and professional multi-disciplinary team committed to providing quality care focused on the needs of the individual. We believe in a personalised approach and everyone living at Mar Lodge has their own Person-Centred Plan which is reviewed regularly. Our aim is to provide the highest quality support enabling individuals to build on skills, live more independently, and reach their goals.
We encourage individuals and families to actively participate in the planning of support, which is facilitated through meetings throughout the year.We work closely with local services such as the community learning disability team, community nurses, psychologists, speech therapists, local health centres, dentists, chiropody and other health care services.
“My home sparkles and I really enjoy living here.”
Person supported by Mar Lodge