Loughshore (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a specialist autism service for people aged 18 years and over with a learning disability, who may at times present behaviours that challenge.
Located in the Jordanstown area of Greater Belfast, on the historic site of the former Lord Shaftsbury’s home, Loughshore is only six miles away from Belfast City Centre and in walking distance of local shops, parks and a beach. Major bus and rail routes into the city are also only a short distance from the home.
This robust and specifically designed service at Loughshore brings together the best qualities of a local service with the support and expertise of a well-respected service provider.
- A low stimulus, homely and relaxed environment, whilst offering robust furnishings and fittings
- Spacious communal areas including lounges and dining rooms
- Innovative person-centred support programmes and personal activity planners
- Intensive interactive communication and environment
- A large garden that is safe and private
- Access to the wider community
Our specialist staff team
Loughshore has an experienced and trained staff team that is managed by a dedicated full time manager and deputy managers.
The staff team have significant expertise in supporting people with autism and are supported by a dedicated positive behaviour support specialist, as well as our specialist autism leads.
“I really enjoy living here and feel much more independent than I did do. The support I get is unlike anything I have ever experienced before.”
Person supported by Loughshore