Lily Close is a specialist residential service for adults with a learning disability and other physical or emotional complex needs. The service comprises of two single occupancy flats and two shared bungalows, which can also support people mobilising in a wheelchair.
Situated in Rainham, the service has easy access to local shops, a leisure centre and colleges. Good transport links are available into Central London and neighbouring towns to further promote social integration and meaningful engagement for residents with their local community.
The services provided at Lily Close include:
- Spacious communal areas across 2 bungalows
- 2 single occupancy flats for individuals who are not fully ready to move into a supported living environment and support adults with a range of complex needs
- Access to a range of community services
- Further education, voluntary and paid work opportunities
- A highly skilled and dedicated staff team
- Good transport links into Central London and neighbouring towns
Introducing our new self-contained flats
Lily Close have developed two new self-contained flats within its specialist residential care home. The new flats are specifically designed for individuals who are not fully ready to move into a supported living environment and support adults with a range of complex needs. This includes autism, learning disabilities, mental health needs and those presenting with complex behavioural needs.
The new self-contained flats are suitable for:
- Individuals whose placements may be breaking down in the community, as they can live for a period of time in an environment where they will not lose their daily living skills
- Individuals stepping down from a hospital setting or moving from family homes to increase independence into adult life, and developing essential life skills to live and thrive within the community and further afield
The flats also provide an ideal pathway to help ensure that the people we support progress to a less restrictive environment, equipped with the skills required to live as independently as possible. The facilities include:
- Kitchens designed to promote independence whilst maintaining safety
- A private garden area, accessible only from the flats
The service at Lily Close supports individuals to promote and maintain independent living skills. People in our care can access community services, using our own transport where necessary, for all physical needs such as attending the local leisure/fitness centre and library.
Residents can also access services for voluntary and paid work, further education, hobbies and leisure interests. We also believe in the importance of families and friends, and work closely with residents to build, re-build or maintain regular contact with their relatives and friends.
Staff are trained to provide opportunities and they support each and every resident in exploring choices, building their confidence and independence. Each resident works closely with their named key worker, who gets to know them, their background, beliefs and together, they plan meaningful activities and goals. At Lily Close, we aim to always give our residents a voice in monitoring and reviewing their own progress.