Laburnum House is situated in a very quiet area of Folkestone and all amenities are within a 10 minute walking distance; including the town centre, cafes and the main bus station. The service is a 15 minute walk away from a picturesque harbour and the beach.
Laburnum House is a spacious property comprising:
- Two large lounges/quiet rooms
- Dining room
- A ground floor room and wet room available to accommodate somebody with mobility needs
- A large secure multi-purpose garden where individuals enjoy playing games such as cricket
- Outside paved seating area to support recreational and horticultural activities
All bedrooms are personalised and decorated in colours chosen by each person we support. One of our bedrooms is on the ground floor, opposite the bathroom and is ideal for an individual with mobility problems.
Laburnum House also often holds social events in the garden and friends and family can be invited.
Everybody at Laburnum House has an individual activity planner, which is updated on a regular basis, and everyone decides which activities they like and want to do. There are plenty of activities to get involved in at Laburnum House, both in and out of the service, such as:
- Horse riding
- Socialising at parties with friends
There are also opportunities to learn cooking skills, join gardening groups and to develop independent living skills. Some individuals also attend courses at the local college.