Laburnum House (formerly part of Craegmoor) provides 24 hour support for six adults with learning disabilities, autism, epilepsy and challenging behaviour. We offer a safe and homely environment, where all individuals can make their own choices about the support they receive.
We encourage and support everyone at Laburnum House to recognise and identify their goals and ambitions and how they would like to go about meeting them.
Amongst the services offered at Laburnum House include:
- Specialist support for six people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and behaviours that challenge
- A ground floor room and wet room available to accommodate somebody with mobility needs
- A spacious property comprising, two large lounges/quiet rooms, a dining room and kitchen
- Innovative person-centred service programmes working in conjunction with the individuals circles of support including family members and practitioners
- A large multi-purpose garden with paved seating area to support recreational and horticultural activities
- Access to education and paid employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual's maximum potential to live more independently including access to respite and community outreach
- A relationship with the wider multidisciplinary team including specialist practitioners such as an Epilepsy Nurse, CMH team, PWS practitioner
- Service Users can have their views heard through your voice meetings
“I like living at Laburnum as there is always lots to do and we have nice holidays. The staff are very nice.”
Person supported by Laburnum House