Kinsley Autism Services
Kinsley (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a specialist day service for those who have autism. We are open six days per week from 8.30am until 6.30pm but also offer flexi-time if needed. All individuals that use our service have their own Person-centred plan, and their timetable is built around their goals and aspirations.
Amongst the services available at Kinsley Autism Services are:
- Specialist support for people with autism who may also present mild to moderate behaviours that challenge
- Activities, including swimming, going to the cinema, rambling and arts and crafts sessions
- Development of social skills, independent living and personal responsibility. This includes daily living skills such as shopping, cooking, doing laundry and cleaning tasks, dependent upon each individual’s ability
- Innovative person centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- One-to-one psychological support where needed
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
- Multidisciplinary staff team
- Service users can have their views heard via Priory Adult Care’s newsletter “Your Voice”
Our approach to support
Kinsley has an experienced staff team; we work on a 1:1 or 2:1 staffing ratio depending on the needs of each individual who attends our service. Those attending our day service make the most out of activities including: visits to the swimming pool, watching films at the cinema, going rambling, participating in arts and crafts, learning computer skills, and working on health and fitness.
“I like Kinsley because I get to play football.”
Person supported by Kinsley Autism Services