Homeleigh Farm (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a specialist, male-only service, which supports people with learning disabilities and behaviours that may challenge, as well as a Prader-Willi syndrome or a forensic history of offending. This specialist residential service is surrounded by our acres of private land, located in Romney Marsh, one mile from Dungeness, which is ideal for fishing, swimming and walking.
Watch our new site tour video
The services available at Homeleigh Farm include:
- Specialist support for males with learning disabilities and behaviours that may challenge, as well as PWS and a forensic history of offending
- Accommodation comprising of 6 single occupancy bedrooms in a ground floor bungalow
- A range of communal areas, including a dining room, separate lounge, open plan kitchen, TV room and conservatory
- A large garden with a vegetable area, which residents help to maintain
- Ground floor living to allow easy access for individuals with mobility issues
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- Access to positive behaviour support (PBS) and psychology support
- A range of community-based activities, including horse riding, fishing and visits to the local library
- A rural location, approximately 1 mile from the small town of Lydd
Our approach to support
At Homeleigh Farm, we encourage each individual to make their own decisions about the care and support they receive. We do this by means of a person-centred plan, something that we believe is essential for providing the best service to the people we support. Plans are made with individuals, their family and a key worker, to ensure that all needs are met.
Person-centred plans are also key for identifying the goals and aspirations of each person we support and it is vital that they are fully involved in devising their own specific goals. Our highly trained staff team support the people who live at the farm in achieving the goals they have agreed.
“I like living at Homeleigh Farm, I enjoy the holidays and the trips out. I also like my room and my fish tank.”
Person supported by Homeleigh Farm