Evergreen House (formerly part of Craegmoor) provides assessment and support for adults living with a learning disability diagnosis but may present complex conditions. Some of our service users have autistic spectrum conditions (ASC) and also have communication difficulties or present behaviours that challenge.
The service offers 24/7 specialist residential support and is committed to providing enough support to empower, encourage and teach individuals to develop the skills they need to live as independently as possible to achieve positive outcomes for all. The service is also supported by a quality assurance team including a specialist Learning Disability Advisor and a team of specialist Autism Advisors whose aim is to empower service users to take control of their lives, and where possible, work towards a level of independence which fits with their skills, confidence and aspirations.
Amongst the services available at Evergreen House are:
- Specialist support for eight people with learning disabilities and autism who may also present mild to moderate/severe challenging behaviour
- Eight personalised bedrooms, three of which are situated on the ground floor
- Robust, low arousal accommodation, which exceed the latest standards
- Innovative person centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- Access to education
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
- Residents can have their views heard via Priory Adult Care’s “Your Voice” meetings
- Community outreach and respite services as well as a pathway to supported living
- Provide sensory stimulation as well as individualised structure for each individual dependant on needs and preferences
- PROACT-SCIPr-UK techniques
“Staff have helped me to develop my daily living skills, I now really enjoy cooking meals.”
Person supported by Evergreen House