Cotswold Lodge (formerly part of Craegmoor) provides support for eight people with a learning disability, who may also present with
behaviours that challenge, and predominantly have a dual diagnosis.
The service offers people the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of community based activities, which is an excellent place for making friends and having fun. The service does everything it can to improve the health, safety and wellbeing of the individuals that are supported and as a team are focused on building positive outcomes for the people living at Cotswold Lodge.
Our approach to support
We encourage self-expression and individuality, and enable people to live their lives in ways in which they choose.
All individuals are actively involved in designing and contributing to their own person-centred plan, with full staff support. The support plans are tailored to suit individual needs and provide the correct level of support required. They also enable all individuals to make their own choices about the support they receive. We encourage and support everyone at Cotswold Lodge to recognise and identify their goals and future aspirations and how they would like to be supported to achieve these.
- A specialist residential service for adults with a learning disability, who may also present with behaviours that challenge, and predominantly have a dual diagnosis
- Accommodation comprising of 7 bedrooms overlooking the sea or local golf course
- A separate unit specifically designed to further develop independence skills and help prepare individuals with transitioning on to supported living services. The unit includes a bedroom, lounge and bathroom
- A range of shared facilities, including a spacious kitchen, lounge, dining area, quiet room, bathroom and 2 wet rooms, 1 of which is located on the ground floor
- A large garden and patio area, suitable for BBQs
- Rated ‘Good’ in all assessment areas by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Access to local college courses and a day service
- A multidisciplinary staff team
- A convenient location situated on the beach front, within the village of New Romney. Easy access to walks and nearby facilities, including shops and restaurants
- Excellent transport links, with the main bus route only a 5-minute walk away, offering access to nearby locations, including Folkestone, Hythe and Ashford
“I like living by the sea, I can go for walks on the beach.”
Person supported by Cotswold Lodge