Coolhaze (formerly part of Craegmoor) provides assessment and specialist support for adults with profound, severe and moderate learning disabilities, complex behaviours and autistic spectrum conditions, who may also have communication difficulties.
The service offers 24/7 specialist residential support and is committed to providing just enough support to empower and encourage individuals to develop their self-esteem and the skills they need to live as independently as possible, working towards a level of independence which fits with their skills, confidence and aspirations.
Amongst the services and facilities available at Coolhaze, these include:
- Specialist support for three people with learning disabilities and autistic spectrum conditions
- Three self-contained flats with en-suite facilities, as well as communal living areas
- Robust, low arousal, homely accommodation, which exceed the latest standards
- Access to education and paid employment opportunities
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- Residents can have their views heard via Priory Adult Care’s “Your Voice” meetings
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
- Supported living, respite and community outreach transitional services
“It’s good here, I like my friends, we do lots of different things and I get on with the staff.”
Person supported at Coolhaze