Each home at Combs Court has its own garden area with room for a barbecue and garden seating which prove popular during the warmer months. Combs Court also has access to two vehicles – a minibus and a people carrier, which are available to assist people with their transport needs.
People who live in the service have a wide variety of opportunities to choose from. For example:
- The service operates a five day per week day service on-site offering social opportunities as well as more formal sessions such as ASDAN skills courses
- A number of people access work placements such as working at a local college
- People are encouraged to take part in local community events, as such a number of people attend afternoon and evening social clubs and events
- People are regularly involved in cooking within their area of the home, assisting with preparing meals or baking cakes
- Alternatively, people are able to relax in their own space reading or undertaking hobbies if they choose
In terms of our location, we are situated in a residential area close to local shops and facilities; these are no more than two minutes’ walk away.
Combs Court is less than a mile away from the centre of the local town which offers a full range of shops and services including:
- A church
- Leisure centre with swimming pool
- Various sports clubs
There is a regular bus service to Ipswich which stops at the bottom of the driveway, and the local mainline station is a mile away on the edge of town.